USSSA WINTER ALL AMERICAN GAMES
Please read below to find answers to our most frequently asked questions regarding the USSSA All American Program.
WHAT IS THE USSSA ALL AMERICAN PROGRAM?
The USSSA All American Program was created in 2015 to increase individual opportunities for fastpitch players to showcase their skills and represent their local area in a National event. The All American Program creates an environment where athletes ages 9U to 14U are evaluated by the top athletes and coaches, then compete in a unique tournament.
We have decided to select teams slightly different from years past. This year we will not have specific regional teams, we will be combining all the regions and athletes will rep their region with their Uniforms. Athletes will be provided their region specific jersey at check in. To elevate any confusion here is an example.
Example: Athlete home location is Oklahoma, the athlete is representing the Midwest region, Their check in time is 8am, their evaluation time is 9:30am. They will wear their Midwest jersey all week.
WHAT AGE DO I REGISTER FOR?
By entering the correct birthdate, the participant will automatically be put in the correct age group. For USSSA, age eligibility is determined strictly by birth year. Please visit the following link for the Age Calculator. For the USSSA Winter All American Games, we will be constructing teams in the age categories of 10U, 12U and 14U.
WHAT POSITIONS CAN I SELECT?
- Each participant can select two positions ONLY. We will pick the best athletes to fit the needs of each particular team.
- Once on the team athletes may be asked to play other positions based on the needs of the team. We do this to maximize their playing time while attending the games.
MY DAUGHTER IS A PITCHER, WHO WILL WARM HER UP AND CATCH FOR HER DURING THE EVALUATION?
- For the pitching evaluations we will use a catcher from the tryout to warm up and catchers and the pitchers. The pitchers and catchers will be evaluated at the same time.
I AM A COACH, CAN MY WHOLE TEAM ATTEND?
- Yes, however players will not be placed on the same team as all their teammates, we do our best to mix players from all over the region to enhance the experience of the athletes to meet new teammates.
WHAT PITCHING DIMENSIONS AND BALL SIZE WILL BE USED FOR MY DAUGHTER’S AGE GROUP?
- 9U/10U: 11 inch ball, 35 feet
- 11U/12U: 12 inch ball, 40 feet
- 13U/14U: 12 inch ball, 43 feet